Thursday, July 1, 2010

cut flowers

----------------------

While I was out today I became obsessed with finding black calla lilies. I wanted to see something beautiful beyond words. I stopped at a few gardening centers. But mostly, I stopped at flower stores. There were so many flowers. They should be beautiful. They should have made me swell. They made me hate.

cut flowers.

They made me hate the assholes in the store buying flowers for their girls because they think that is what girls want. but they never take the time to look at the flowers or realize that the flowers are dying...
And THAT is where the real beauty comes from.

cut flowers.

Still, the girls will gush, and the guys will be right, because people love flowers more than words and they will fuck, and not feel much. In a while they will both cum and reassure each other that something magical had happened. And the flowers will die slower because of the packet of powder that was poured into the vase.

cut flowers

I didn't find the black flowers.
If I had found them, I would have placed them on the seat of a stranger's car.
and the flowers would have died, and perhaps a single pedal would have fallen to the floor to shrivel and change and be ground into the floorboard. And later, a lifetime from now, the owner of the car would die.

And my black calla lilies would have been a small part of that life...

...and they would have been beautiful.

--------------------

3 comments:

  1. From the handful of things you've posted and shared with everyone, this is the most beautiful piece you've written... in my opinion. There is so much lying beneath the surface here, it's almost overwhelming. "because people love flowers more than words" - that line alone...wow. I wish I had better words for my reaction. Just...thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing and for helping me discover one of my favorite flowers... had no idea they existed.

    ReplyDelete